Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Strange...But True!

So, as I got to know my buddy yesterday, I found out that they are stationed at Ft. Knox, KY, and her husband is originally from Kearney and went to UNL. Hmmm, interesting. What year did he graduate? 1996, and he was a band geek. Hmmm, interesting. Did he, by chance, know Alex Sommerfeld? Why, yes. Yes, he did! He also hung out with Rhonda Anderson (I went to Concordia with her). My world just got smaller. Craziness! ALSO - I run with a Nike+ sensor and wristband. It tells me how far I go, how long (time) I ran, calories burned, and average mile pace. Last Friday, I did 6 miles, and last night I finally uploaded my workouts into my computer. It gives me a graph of pace for each mile. What I saw was just really weird. The first part of my run, I was running next to a girl that runs about the same speed as I do. We fall into the same stride and silently push each other. Runners call this "pacing." So, we pace each other. On my graph for this run, I notice that my avg. pace for the first three miles were - 9:35, 8:54, and 8:57. Really fast for me! But, of course, I was being paced. The last three miles, after my pacer buddy left, were - 10:43, 10:43, and 10:42. I had the treadmill on the same mph the entire time, and yet, I had very different paces. I never thought I could get such different results while being on a treadmill.

No comments:

Blog Archive