Monday, February 13, 2012

This weekend

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday I got my 9 miles in. I have to do 11 on Thursday, because Allen's coming in this weekend, and I don't think he'll let me out of his sight long enough to do 11 on the hotel treadmill. We get to spend the weekend in Omaha as a family, and I'm really excited. :)
This week's challenge from Ben is all about food. I'm doing better on which foods I can eat and which one to stay away from. I can actually eat a cupcake and things now, but they still give me headaches. They just don't end up as fire in my stomach. I'm taking my meds regularly, so that has helped me a lot. I have an alarm set on my phone, so I know I'll remember.
The speech meet in Minden went pretty well. 30 teams! 30! It really needs to be capped at around 20. 30 is crazy. Even Bellevue West was there. A couple of my novice teams earned medals, and a my varsity kids earned superior ribbons. Next Saturday is at Northwest here in GI, but I won't be there. Obviously. Our AD is going to be there for me. We also got to Skype with Allen Saturday evening, so that made us happy. Sunday was a usual Sunday for us. Church, Wasabi Bistro, home, laundry, nappage. It was a good day.
It's slick out there, y'all! Be careful!

No comments: