Monday, February 20, 2012

New week

I think I'm to the point where I'm so tired I'm not feeling well. The alarm went off at 4am, and I've been off and running since then. We got back to GI just in time for Cael to get to school and I walked in right before the tardy bell. Not sure I'm going to run tonight. I need to go to bed early, but first I HAVE to do laundry. Cael got to sleep all the way back from Omaha, so I'm hoping he's ok at school. He didn't cry at the airport, but he was upset last night when we had to go to bed, and this morning when we woke him up. He knew why we had to go to sleep and get up so early. Right now we're praying for a permanent profile to be issued. Allen would be able to pass a pt test and get orders that much faster. At this point, yes please! He's having a procedure done on Thursday that may or may not help his hip. A steroid/pain killer injection. He's talked to several others who have had this done, and it hasn't helped. Hopefully he can get a 'fit for duty' meeting, and start on a permanent profile soon.
We had a good, but short, weekend as a family. Did some stuff around Omaha on Saturday, then stayed in the room most of Sunday (we did go to Dixie Quick's for brunch). We got some people to "awwwwwww" at the airport on Friday. It helped that Cael had on his ACU's (camo uniform) and ran into his daddy's arms. I kind of got some video, but I'm not sure how well it turned out. I'll have to try to edit it and maybe post it.

No comments: