Saturday, January 10, 2009

Even snowier

Allen and Taylor (our stat girl that was supposed to go to speech with me) got to our house about 1am this morning. Allen wasn't going to let Taylor drive home because she lives by Aurora (30min away). We figured she might as well stay with us because she'll be with me anyway, and there was no sense in her dad coming all the way into town to get her. I got up at 4:30, but the State Patrol website and phone number both said the same thing: extreme caution due to ice and snow on roadway - at least until Elm Creek (more than halfway to Lexington). I wasn't comfortable chancing it, and I didn't think parents would mind me not wanting to take their children out on yucky roads. I called our AD, and he said that he backed me up on the decision. Even at 10am, Allen went out on the highway going into GI, and he said it was still really bad. We finally went into town around 3:30, and the roads were fine. I'm just glad the trucks were able to get everything off the roads before sundown. I guess we'll try it again in a couple of weeks. At the wrestling meet, Jacob got 2nd and Kyle got 3rd. Brad pinned his second kid, but got beat out in his third match.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

That is the nice part about being at a smaller school. I wouldn't want to have even my most trusted, sweetest child have to stay the night at my house. I'm so glad that was an option for you, in order to keep everyone safe.