Monday, June 27, 2011

Are you serious?

Day 1 of traveling is in the books. Phew! It was pretty uneventful, but there was a lot of internal freaking out. Not because of the driving. That was pretty easy. I even made it through KC without GPS. I-70 East. Follow it. Not hard. I had to go to York and south to I-70, though because of the flooding in the eastern part of the state by I-29. No biggie. I was on the interstate when a sheriff pulls out of the median and screams up behind me. He stayed there for 6 or 7 miles without doing anything. I was going 72 in a 70, so I really wasn't worried, just a little peeved. THAT'S when I realized that I DID NOT put the registration and proof of insurance in the new car. I bought, registered, and plated it last Tuesday. Why didn't I just put those very necessary documents in the car right when I got them? I have nooooooo idea. My brain was mush by then, though, so who knows what I was thinking. I cleaned out the car last night and put the folders in the house. The sheriff did a nice job of reminding me that I needed what I didn't have. Sooooooooo, I called Dan Wing (Cael and I are staying at the Wing house tonight) to get his church's fax number. Then I tried to call Brent and Kass (the only other ones who have our house key) to go over and get the said documents so they could fax them to me. No answer. Allen called, so I spilled my guts and apologized for being so dense. He called his mom, who I walked through getting a proof of insurance online, then she went to the courthouse, got another registration, faxed it to Dan's church, and then priority mailed the registration to Allen in Georgia. (sigh) I'm praying that's the worst of this trip. If I didn't have that stuff, and the MP's decided to randomly stop me at the gate, I totally would have been SOL. SO, THANK YOU to Allen and Lynda. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

No comments: