Sunday, April 3, 2011

Phone call

Yesterday, Allen called at 3:20. The play started at 3:30, so I missed the first 10 minutes, but it was a very small price to pay to talk to him for 20min once a week. He got fitted for his dress blues (Class A's) on Thursday. He had a bit of an ego boost, since he is once again in an "athletic cut" jacket and he's lost another 2 inches off of his waist. He gave blood yesterday, which will be in Afghanistan on Tuesday, so he didn't want to miss that opportunity. They will also be certified on their rifles this week. That shouldn't be too terribly difficult for him. He had a PT test yesterday, which he failed, but he has taken 1:40 off of his run time, so that's improvement. He asks that we pray not only for him, but for his friends of the 4th platoon. I told him I would pass that along. The guys chose "the old man" to say a prayer for them yesterday before the PT test. He was surprised, but honored at that. He's still having a hard time, but May will be here soon. 5th week is over. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is actually a light, and not a train ready to run him over anymore. I know that they've gotten their pictures done, but I don't think he's going to mail them home, since they get messed up in the mail. Thank you for all of your prayers and letters. I think it's the 8th week that they suggest stopping sending your mail. They're out in the field the last week, and it takes almost a week for our letters to get to him anyway. I'll double check on that. Blessings on your week!

No comments: