Friday, August 22, 2008

It's been a while

I haven't posted for a while because sometime between my last post and now, school started. We started last week, while the public schools in GI started yesterday. Last Sunday was our Rally Sunday, which is "church in the park." Cairo has a great pool, so we have church and then swim until lunch. Lunch = big potluck and lots of fun. Cael and I had to have a talk about church before we got there. It went something like "Cael, we're going to church, but it's at the park. We can play in the park, but not until after church, because it's still church. Except it's in the park." I'm not sure how much he understood, but he must have gotten some of it, because he was pretty good all the way through. We also went out to our friends' Tara, Jim, and Mason Janda's house on Sunday afternoon. We got to ride their horses and then had supper. I took Cael with me on "Doc," and Tara had Mason on "Sisko." After about 45min, we dropped the kids off with their dads and went to ride through the pasture. I also wanted to see if I could get Doc to trot and lope, but the only good place to do that was in the alfalfa field. I am now having the worst allergic reaction I've had in 3 years. Hopefully my antibiotics will kick in soon to relieve my sinus infection. Allen's trying to get registered to take an online course at UNK to finish of his coaching certificate. He's frustrated, though because he had to call all over and get transcripts sent. Oh well. It will get taken care of eventually. I should have some good pics this weekend to show. We're doing a shrimp boil at our house on Sunday. The Janda family and Brent and Kassidy will be coming over. Can't wait!

No comments: