Friday, July 25, 2008

Putting up corn!

You'd think I'd be sick of corn, huh? One of the great perks of my field inspecting job is that I get all the free sweet corn I want. The growers have a patch, and if you can pick it, you can have it. Sooooo... Allen wanted to put up corn. We called his cousin Lori to see if they wanted in on the goods, so we went to picking! Cael and Hayden had to test out the corn, just to make sure it was good enough. Don't worry, we picked the white corn! YUM! Cael had two ears of it! Lori working at the stove. Allen, Randy, and Lori bagging. Lori's also complaining that I took another picture of her. We ended up with 23 quart bags. Not bad! And it really didn't take that long once we had a system and we all pitched in. We had a good time! Cael's favorite part was asking Randy to light the fire pit so we could make s'mores! Ok, so it was my favorite, too.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was sooooooooo bummed that I didn'[t get any sweet corn this summer...the floods in Iowa put a rather big damper on the crops. Glad somebody gets to enjoy it!

Blog Archive