Thursday, July 17, 2008

A day off...

Finally! A day off from seeing miles and miles of corn! Usually we don't have a day off like this in the middle of the week, but I guess there is a lull, and we'll get back to it tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, I'm a roguing crew leader with Pioneer(that's where you walk through the field looking for corn plants that don't belong and chop them out with a big stick with a sharp hook on it). Yesterday was so muddy! Sometimes it's just easier to walk through the irrigation water than try to walk around it and get stuck in the mud. I'm also a field inspector for a different seed company. That's where I walk through fields and randomly count different spots of corn silk and pollenating tassels. There's more to it than that, but that's a general explaination. This next Saturday and Sunday, Cael and I get to go to Johnson's Lake by Lexington for our annual church campout. Allen has to work, so he can't go. I'll make sure I have a camera! This is the first year that Cael is going to stay in a tent. We'll see how it goes. I have the devotions Saturday before supper, so I'd better get planning.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Okay, if you recall, I am a huge city girl. So, when you write posts about "rogue" corn and counting silk... WOW!! It's like a whole new world for me! :)

Steven said "Oh, truck!" In church two weeks ago. I got the strangest looks!

Claudia said...

Also wanted to add... Check back on several of your posts. I added comments that I've been meaning to add, but just haven't had the time to do. (Two kids are in bed now!!!)

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

Hey - wave to my parents for me! One of these times our paths will have to cross!

Blog Archive