Monday, June 9, 2008

A Prayer Request

My good friend Ben was supposed to come over for supper last night, but couldn't because he was helping out at his grandparents' house which is just down the road from his family's farm. They live close to a really small town northeast of Grand Island. This is his email to me yesterday after I asked which grandparents he was talking about. The basement had a crack in the wall and they were worried about the basement caving in: "Yeah, but we don't have any water on our place - it all goes east before it gets here. The water in the cattle yards was up to my chest in some places. We let the basement fill with water, so hopefully the pressure will be off that wall. Prayers are appreciated, and much needed. Roads are closed out here, and I've heard that one of the bridges on a county road is getting washed out. Makes me want to puke, but there's nothing we can do about it. No one alive has ever seen this much water around here, and there's still more water on the way." Please pray for the farmers and ranchers around here, as well as the people who are stranded by flooded roads. Like Ben said, prayers are much appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: