Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mini-Vacation

I haven't been posting for a while now, but last week my mom asked me what I was doing this week since she and Dad wanted to go for a vacation and needed a driver. So Tuesday Mom, Dad, and I headed up to Burwell to pick up my niece Kyla at a horse camp that she and my sister attended. From Burwell, we went to O'Neill and checked into our hotel. Wednesday we went to the Ashfall Fossil Beds by Orchard, then on to Valentine. We headed up to Smith Falls that afternoon. It's so cool! This is the bridge over the Niobrara River to get to the Falls. The Niobrara looking west. You can kind of see a little speck of some kids coming in from tubing. My mom and dad coming up the path to the Falls. Luckily, a lot of stuff now is handicap accessible. If my dad were writing this, he would say "handicap accessible," since a lot of stuff is marked that way, but it's still pretty hard to get around in some places. Smith Falls. Kyla and I stripped off our shoes and went down for a closer look. The water was pretty cold, but once our feet went numb, it wasn't too bad! We got back to Cairo this afternoon and wento into GI to show Grandma and Grandpa Stuhr Museum. Overall, it was a good couple of days!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Beautiful area! I love it.

Mark, Allison, Eliya, Gabriel, Rachel & Micaiah said...

hopefully one of these trips to NE we won't be running running running and can actually visit you, or at least make a better attempt! I would love to see you!