Saturday, June 7, 2008

Grocery shopping

I got Cael up pretty early this morning to go into Grand Island. We had a lot to do. Cael has started (or maybe is just kicking it up a notch) this whole trend of "I do it!" Gee, I have no idea where in the world he gets it... Anyway, as he was not letting me help him put on his shirt and flipping out because his head was stuck in the arm hole, yet screaming everytime I touched him to try to rectify the situation, I was thinking "I can't believe my mom didn't kill me when I was two!" After a screaming morning of getting dressed (whew!) we finally got to town. Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Sam's Club, and by WalMart, I figured he had had enough and it was not going to be pretty. He was determined to walk, not ride as normal. He was a perfect angel! He held on to the cart whenever I told him and walked the entire way to the produce at the end. Probably an hour and a half (since we were traveling in two-year-old-speed) of walking, and he was still wonderful even with all of the candy right in front of him! I guess God knows when we need a little more grace. He certainly came through for me today.

No comments: