Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fullerton

The Fullerton wrestling meet went well, even though we only took two boys. Jacob won first! He was up against a kid in the finals that beat him by one point last year. His dad overheard this kid say in the hallway to his friends that "that Lutheran kid will be easy. He's a wuss." When Jacob heard that, he was pretty fired up and was not going to let the kid beat him. Jacob took him to the third period. Allen kicks the boys' butts pretty hard in practice, so they're conditioned quite well. While the other kid was sucking wind, Jacob was just fine. He got a pin for first place. It was awesome! Brad pinned his kid in the second match, but got beat out. He's doing well for giving up almost 10 pounds to the other kids (it's a long story as to why, but Brad is wrestling 140 and weighing about 134). We took Cael with us, too. He had a lot of fun watching and playing. He would yell whatever the rest of us yelled. Then he fell asleep. Hard. I'll have a picture of that this next week if Jacob remembers to bring them. Also, on Friday I had my annual "apple cider corner" in my classroom. Traditionally, I bring apple cider (complete with red hots) in my room for students and teachers on the Friday before finals week. The kids were asking about it at Thanksgiving, so I knew I had better keep it going. It's a little perk I offer as they get ready to study hard and do well on big tests!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Umm... I want apple cidar, too!
Congrats on the wrestling. I always enjoyed wrestling. Don't see too much of it anymore.