Saturday, October 25, 2008

Long weekend

We had a short week at school this week because we had the Nebraska District Lutheran Teachers' Conference in Fremont. Robin picked me up Thursday morning so we could head out, and Allen and Cael came up just in time for supper. It was good to see them after my long day of meetings. Friday morning was more meetings, but after lunch we headed to Lincoln. We stayed with Allen's dad (when I say "we" I mean Kerrey's family and us). We went up to the zoo in Omaha today. It was a long day, but lots of fun. It was actually sunny and got up to 67 degrees. Quite different from the rest of the week! Here are some highlights from the Henry Doorly Zoo. We first went into the Desert Dome. This fox was chillin' out. "Is it real, Mommy?" No, it was just a statue, but very life-like! This is the outside of the Desert Dome. It's pretty cool. Also inside is the Nightime exhibit. Alligators, bats, and all sorts of creepy crawlies! This is the bridge over the Koi pond. There were fish bigger than Cael! And lots of them! No visit to the Zoo is complete without a train ride! Gorilla Valley is really neat. There were three large gorillas that were "playing" with each other and with us. They would run by the windows and smack the glass, then chase each other. This sweet gorilla was in another part of the Valley. You can't see it very well, but Cael has his hand up to the gorilla's hand on the glass. Cael thought he was pretty special. By far Cael and Allen's favorite exhibit - The Aquarium! I get a little claustrophobic (I also have a thing about water), but I stayed with the boys. I usually just walk right on through. Sharks!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Cael and the gorilla. Wow!

Blog Archive