Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Not much

I would say that not much is going on around here, but we're keeping relatively busy, but nothing amazing.  Cael was in swimming lessons the last two weeks, and he absolutely loved them!  He didn't want to go at all, but after the first day, he was excited to go every time.  Last week he went to camp out at Stuhr Museum called "Puppet Theatre" and this week is "More Dirt."  He likes it out there and has been having a good (albeit hot) time.  While he's at Stuhr for 2 hours, I've gotten a chance to spend a chunk of time at school getting some things done.  I've also gotten back into working out at the YMCA, and cancelled my Snap membership.  The Y has an "express" and "studio" location uptown, which is nice, instead of having to go downtown.  There are classes at the studio, and I've been going as often as I can.  Zumba on Mondays, and BodyPump on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  TurboKick is after Pump.  Sometimes I stay, sometimes not.  I'm in love with BodyPump, though.  Lifting weights with awesome music, nice company, and amazing instructors = something I can really get into.  I've been trying to work on getting stronger, and it's just the thing for me.  I just ran the Color Run in Omaha, and next is the Prairie Sludge Trudge on August 4 out at Stuhr.  Derek is coming, as well as some family from Iowa.  We're turning it into a "Breinig Bunch" family run.  It should be fun.
Allen's paperwork is being signed by doctors, and he should get to sign it and have it sent off to Texas and Seattle this week.   It will be in TX 3-5 weeks (closer to 5) and hopefully the same in Seattle, except they're really backed up.  It could be a while, but we're hoping it gets through quickly.  If it goes through without being delayed, he could be home before Christmas.  It could be February.  Worst case scenario - May.  We're praying for sooner than that, though.  As long as he can get a good job around here, we'll be fine.

No comments: