Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

"Oh, let us give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good. And His mercy endures forever." He truly does. No, this Thanksgiving was not perfect, but there is still so much to be thankful for. Last Tuesday I had to go get Cael from school since he had thrown up. I came home with him and didn't go to school on Wednesday. He seemed to be doing better, so he stayed home with Robin, while I went to Omaha to get Allen. We were on our way back Thursday morning, when Robin sent us a text. Cael had thrown up at 5 that morning. In her bed. Oh boy. We're on our way. Luckily, Robin has a pretty strong stomach, not to mention a pretty good washing machine. She's awesome. So on Thanksgiving day, we went to Allen's mom's house and had lunch. Cael didn't eat much, of course. After that, we headed to Arapahoe to have supper with my family. Cael seemed to be doing pretty well by that point. Since Allen has been having an issue with his hip that is not being resolved, we decided to try to get him some help when he came back. My mom was amazing and called around to find someone who could get him a cortizone shot. There was a guy in McCook that she had worked with at one point and was very willing to look at Allen. We headed up there Friday morning around 9am. Holiday hours = open at noon. Ok, so we headed back to Arapahoe to Kerrey's house. All of Allen's siblings came, as well as his dad and aunt and uncle. Lunch was great, and in the afternoon, some of us went out to shoot some clay. We borrowed Allen's nephew's bb gun, and Cael got to shoot for the first time. He's right-handed, and left-eyed. Problem. Allen's says he's going to teach Cael how to shoot left-handed. Once we got things figured out, he was hitting those clays! Pretty cool! I'm not sure who was prouder, kiddo, or his daddy. Guess who's probably going to get a bb gun for Christmas? Around 5pm that afternoon, we headed back up to McCook. The guy we were supposed to see wasn't there. Very frustrating situation. We called my mom on the way back and she wanted to take Cael to the movie, so we dropped him off and headed back up to Kerrey's. I wasn't feeling the best, but I thought it was just because of the stress of the situation stirring up my stomach issues, not a bug. We headed back down to my mom's. Allen's stomach had been getting bad for a couple hours, and I got sick right away. No one really slept all night. Between Allen getting sick, and me moving to the couch so I wasn't squashed in between the boys, it was a bad night. My mom got up in the middle of the night to get Allen some medicine, then she made us some soup for lunch the next day. Allen and I agreed that she's a saint. I'm sure she's going to get sick, and I feel really bad. Unfortunately, Robin is sick in bed right now. I'll do my best to take care of her. Hopefully I can get back to 100% soon. I hope Cael and Allen can, as well. Even though it was a rough weekend, we still have so much to be thankful for. We are thankful that everyone traveled safely, and that we got to see everyone. We are thankful for moms who take care of us, even though we're 32 years old. We are thankful for amazing friends that don't get mad when our kid throws up in her bed. We are thankful that God has a plan, even though we have no idea what it is yet. The doctor wasn't in McCook for a reason. Not sure what that reason is yet, but we know that there is one, and we are thankful that the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of faith. Allen's situation is a difficult one, and it's putting a lot of stress on him, as well as me. Thankfully, it's not putting stress on our relationship. We could be yelling at each other, and focusing our fear and stress on the other, but instead we pray and trust the fact that there is a plan that we know will come to fruition. We just need guidance from above. We are thankful for all of you, and we hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving. We are truly giving Thanks Unto the Lord.

No comments: