Saturday, March 20, 2010

End of a season and new floors

Yesterday was State Speech. If you saw the weather reports for our area, it happened to be snow/blowing snow-up to two inches. Needless to say, walking around the UNK campus was miserable. It was worth it, though to see my kids perform at the state level. I took 4 kids-3 events and got to see my sister and some of my coaching friends from around the area. Allen came with us, as usual, as my driver. He tends to come to State with me, since I'm with him for almost all of the wrestling meets. My kids didn't final, but they did well, and I'm proud of them nonetheless. It was a good season for all of my kids. This week we've had Craftsman Hardwood Company in our dining room refinishing our oak floor. It's beautiful!! What a great find under the icky green carpet. We really wanted our bedroom to be refinished as well, but it was so warped and damaged by previous owners, that it just wasn't financially reasonable at this time. So after a trip to Nelson's furniture in GI, we picked out some carpet and it is being installed on Thursday of next week. Hopefully we'll be able to put things in order after that. Now we just have some painting projects to finish...

No comments: